Security settings

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Hi all-

I've been working on a script to modify security settings on a system. You can deploy it just about any way that you wish, including with Casper. I deploy it through my core services package which preps the machine for use on our LAN, however. It's attached, zipped, in case your mail system strips off bare scripts (like mine).

One little thing to look at though, is at the bottom where I set the screen saver time and locking... I had to sudo as the current user in order for it to reliably set on 10.6. 10.5 was more reliable by doing the regular defaults write commands, but for some reason, they wouldn't stick in 10.6. I found that sudoing as the user, for whatever reason worked better. I think it may be due to the fact that my core services installer is a meta package of packages that require various levels of authorization (root mixed with administrative) so may be that was mucking it up. You may not need this work around.

j

2 REPLIES 2

thnguyen
New Contributor

I don't see the attachment?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hi thnguyen, uh, that would be because this post from Jared is almost 4 years old now and was part of the old Casper mailing list (email only) so attachments didn't make it over in the cutover to the new site.
In the future, you may want to just check the original post date before responding to threads since searches here on JAMFNation won't put things in any chronological order, meaning your top hit could give you something very old posted by someone who isn't even around any more.

@JAMF, if you're reading this, please find a way to sort search results by date as well as relevance, since this kind of thing happens a lot, especially with people new to the forums who aren't aware of the issue.