Seeking Guidance on Integrating External Data into Jamf Cloud

AndyACS
New Contributor

Certainly! Here's a revised version:

---

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out for some guidance on integrating external data into Jamf Cloud. Specifically, I'm looking to import data from sources like Eracent ITMC or Landesk Asset Lifecycle Manager. As someone new to Jamf, I'm trying to figure out how to import an asset tag into an attribute for all Mac devices.

The process ideally involves matching serial numbers from the external source with those in Jamf, extracting the associated asset tag numbers, and then scheduling daily data discovery. Any insights or guidance on how to configure APIs or recovery tools for this purpose would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

This would be API as you suggested. However, this is not anything you would be writing and would not be done on the Jamf side. Jamf is the source of truth, and you would connect these other tools to Jamf. They should have built in API commands to integrate with Jamf to do what you seek. In some cases, whoever supports Ivanti (LANDesk) or ITMC would need to write custom API commands in their respective consoles to do what you want. There is no scripting you would need to do in Jamf for anything API related for integrations to another console.

Review the ITMC and Ivanti (LANDesk) documentation on how to setup an API integration with Jamf. From there, those tools likely have all the scripting they need baked in. If you dont support these tools, then whoever supports them will need to do this. Dont be afraid to drag vendors in to the mix for support.

I did not see anything beyond saying that ITMC supports API integrations on a quick google search (which is a red flat for me), but below is Ivanti's documentation on API integrations. I also added Jamfs documentation.

Rest API (ivanti.com)

Jamf Pro API Overview