Self Service Notification Persistence

Lessardrp
Contributor

I set up a push certificate with the intention of being able to send non invasive messages to IOS devices through the APN and Self Service app as opposed to locking the screen on a user. Notifications are typically temporary so in order to verify they are seen by the user, I would like to change the notification to persistent so it doesn't go away until the user views the message. I see in the IOS settings menu for the Self Service app, I can manually change the notifications to persistent but I don't want to touch each device. Is there some XML I can add the Self Service app in Jamf that would be associated with the app level notification settings? Or is there another way to do what I want?

Thanks,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jtrant
Valued Contributor

You can deploy an MDM profile with the 'Notifications' payload to force notification preferences for Self Service: 

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 9.06.55 AM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jtrant
Valued Contributor

You can deploy an MDM profile with the 'Notifications' payload to force notification preferences for Self Service: 

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 9.06.55 AM.png

Lessardrp
Contributor

Thank you for the reply and tip. So in this case, since only the banner is selected, I assume all they need to do is click the banner alert and they're done?

Lessardrp
Contributor

Also, I have not personally seen a lot of self service notifications in the past. My goal is to have a persistent banner notification for less invasive messages to the devices than locking the screen. But at the same time, if there are a bunch of routine self service notifications that typically go out to the devices, I don't want to create a situation where the users get nagged by those relentlessly. From peoples' experience, have you noticed how often self service notifications tend to go out? In a perfect world, my preferred answer would be almost never, so the only persistent notifications they see and have to click are only the message traffic I send to the devices.