Self Service Policy Title Font Size

pat_best
Contributor III

Hi all,

I feel like I should know how to do this, but how do I make the title font size larger when it is being viewed in Self Service? On the same note, what about font color and/or type? Is this all html code?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

It's controlled by a style sheet.

On your JSS look for

/Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/stylesheets/osxselfservice

(or whatever the equivalent is for you depending on the server type of your JSS).

LandingPage.css looks like it has most of that styling. I'm not sure off-hand which style governs the App names, but you should be able to narrow it down based on a few parameters, like looking for h1 or some equivalent heading type in the style name.

For example:

div.appListingHeader ul li h1{

Is a good starting point. May not be it (may be it if I'm lucky) but it should be in there with a similar style name.

View solution in original post

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

(Un-edited it ;)

Here is how you could do it for just individual policies.

Not sure if they reverted back but in 9.4 or 9.5 they removed HTML formatting support and switched it to Markdown.

In Markdown the only way you could set font "Size" is using the header syntax. you are really setting different HTML header sizes and it will bold it.

You put a "#" in front of the text you want to set the header level to. The more "#"s you add, the higher the header level and thus the smaller the text gets.

external image link

external image link

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

It's controlled by a style sheet.

On your JSS look for

/Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/stylesheets/osxselfservice

(or whatever the equivalent is for you depending on the server type of your JSS).

LandingPage.css looks like it has most of that styling. I'm not sure off-hand which style governs the App names, but you should be able to narrow it down based on a few parameters, like looking for h1 or some equivalent heading type in the style name.

For example:

div.appListingHeader ul li h1{

Is a good starting point. May not be it (may be it if I'm lucky) but it should be in there with a similar style name.

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

(Un-edited it ;)

Here is how you could do it for just individual policies.

Not sure if they reverted back but in 9.4 or 9.5 they removed HTML formatting support and switched it to Markdown.

In Markdown the only way you could set font "Size" is using the header syntax. you are really setting different HTML header sizes and it will bold it.

You put a "#" in front of the text you want to set the header level to. The more "#"s you add, the higher the header level and thus the smaller the text gets.

external image link

external image link

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

I saw your original response via email before you edited it… I think it depends on what you're trying to change.

If you want to just simple make the description formatted a certain way, markup is now the way it's done. If you're looking to uniformly change the way text displays within the general Self Service app (not simply descriptions that pop up in that dialogue box) then you'd want to make the changes to the stylesheet.

pat_best
Contributor III

@chriscollins, thank you for that note. It was not exactly what I was looking for, but I can definitely use it!

@emilykausalik, I will look into the stylesheet and see if that contains what I need. I will post back if I find it. Thanks!

pat_best
Contributor III

@emilykausalik][/url][/url, @chriscollins][/url][/url, That looks like the answer I was looking for I was hoping I could edit this for an individual policy listing. My answer is that yes, I can edit the description of a policy to display text differently in self service, but I am unable to edit how policy titles are displayed without affecting all policies in self service. Thank you both for your help!

edit: clarification