Setting Up Autopkg w/ Autopkgr gui

Pdallison
New Contributor

Hey there I am having the hardest time getting Autopkg set up to help Automate my teams workflow. I thought adding the Autopkgr gui would simplify how I set up and manage Autopkg, but it did not. I followed all default commands and even tried adding our SMB on prem server to Autopkg but Packages and groups are not able to be created and uploaded to my jamf pro. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated at this time.

5 REPLIES 5

MatthewGC
New Contributor III

Yes, autopkgr takes a lot of work to get working as smoothly as I’d like it to be and even then there’s always more work to make it all work. I’m moving on to Installomator. It’s all script based and with some smart groups and policies I can automate a good portion of our applications without needing to build a single package. Plus I don’t need to dedicate a whole machine or a bunch of storage to download the packages to our instance. The project is on GitHub. 

We are using installomator at this time as well but we are trying to control or cache whichever  chrome enterprise version we want. This way we can test the latest version before deploying to the other MacBooks.

MatthewGC
New Contributor III

You can do the testing with installomator. You can set the smart group to whichever version of Chrome you want rather than the latest version. Then make a second smart group for your test group with the latest or newer version you want to test. 

SMR1
Contributor III

We use installomator for most of our self-sevice apps and our enrollment apps. We were doing the 2 smart groups for each app, but we do monthly patching and deploy to 3 test groups, with most browsers, they update a lot, so by the time prod deployment comes, it's a new version that hasn't been tested. I use atuopkg with the gui, have my github repo setup using the jamfuploaders, so when I run the recipes, it uploads them to jamf and adds them to the policy. I still have to go in to every app smart group and add the test groups on the day they get the deployment. It's a lot of steps.

Pdallison
New Contributor

I am trying to set up Autopgkr to do the same but when I run the recipes for the application I want the packages are never automatically added to my SMB. Do you have a example of a recipe you use for example chrome?