We had a policy that ran a script. We were requested to add another feature to the script so we changed the name to
previous script name w/ new feature and suddenly it was failing 100% on our test machines.
After spinning our heads and double checking syntax over and over again we realized that the
/ in the script name was causing the error. We changed the name to
previous script name with new feature and everything is working normally.
FYI that is a thing that can happen.
This same issue bit me. Someone added a / character to the name of a script I wrote when they were moving it to production. And we were stumped for 3 days until finally I went back to TEST, added a / to the Display Name there, and that script broke. So know we know. :)
Good explanation here Scripts get downloaded, display name intact, to a jamf /tmp location on the workstation--so if you use a file path delimiter in your script Display Name the jamf binary can't call it because it can't find it. :)