Tracking and deploying Rapid Security Responses

rpayne
Contributor II

How are y'all tracking and deploying these ever more frequent updates? For point releases we use Nudge, but have not found a way to do so for rapid security responses. Also, the following is not populating. we are on jamf pro release 10.47.0 in a cloud hosted environment. I had thought that this would be reported starting in 10.46 with declarative management (which is enabled).

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 2.15.38 PM.png

7 REPLIES 7

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

It’s not perfect, but it works:

OS version IS 13.41 AND Operating System Rapid Security Response IS (a)

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

We use teh same Smart Group criteria.

Also @rpayne the updates were pulled so maybe that's why you're not seeing them? I did install on my test boxes and did a recon. The (a) showed up fine on 10.47 cloud.

rpayne
Contributor II

They were pulled? I wonder why?

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

user-hYQEXBTZyv
New Contributor

Is there a way to setup automation for installation of these patches as they come out through Jamf?  Has anyone played with this yet?  I also did notice that in the main inventory screen all macOS devices show up as 13.4.1 only but not the applied security patch. I did have to go into each device OS selection to confirm that it has installed the (a) patch.  Any input on how to setup automation / management for these patches would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I'm asking.

_gsm
New Contributor III

You can use a Software Update payload in a configuration profile for automatic installation. They do seem to respond to MDM commands as well,

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 3.08.21 PM.png