Trying to run Safari 17.3 Ventura

SMR1
Contributor III

I'm trying to deploy Safari to our test group, but for some reason it keeps failing. I use the same policy I just switch out the PKG. I'm getting the below error message. I've redownloaded and uploaded the install, but it's still failing. I'm plugged in to power, have good connection.

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is Safari17.3VenturaAuto
installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Safari17.3VenturaAuto.pkg”.)

8 REPLIES 8

SMR1
Contributor III

Is it possible that it's to soon to install the update, because I don't even see it when I go to software updates on my Mac.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@SMR1 What version of macOS Ventura is running on your test Mac? Some of the earliest versions of Ventura may not support Safari 17.3 (I didn't check to see what the minimum supported version was since all of our Ventura machines are on 13.6.0 or higher)

SMR1
Contributor III

Our test Mac's are 13.6 and higher.

SMR1
Contributor III

SMR1
Contributor III

The install fails when I run it locally.

SMR1_0-1706109355704.png

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

I use this script to just download the update through Apple's built in updating tool.  Works fine, but doesn't really give you a version control option.  It just downloads the newest version Apple has available for that machine at the time it runs.

SMR1
Contributor III

I just tried that, must be one of our security tools that's blocking the install and the script from running. It's weird, because I've been using the standalone for the last 3 updates and haven't had any issues.

SMR1
Contributor III

Looks like the script did attempt, but didn't work, because in the log the command doesn't see Safari 17.3 as an available update.