User Inventory not collecting when using Azure AD Cloud Identity

georgecm12
Contributor III

We have enabled Azure AD as a Cloud Identity Provider, as well as Azure AD SSO. 

We also have some iPads assigned to a Prestage that features an Enrollment Customization that includes an SSO Authentication pane. The pane is displaying as expected on the device, and I can sign in through that pane using my Azure AD credentials.

We have enabled "Collect user and location information from Directory Service" under Inventory Collection settings.

However, the "User and Location" portion of the device inventory remains blank. We've gone through multiple wipe and re-enrollment rounds with this device, as well as an "Update Inventory" MDM command... nothing.

Jamf Pro’s documentation says that assigning a user to a computer or mobile device can be done “during user-initiated enrollment (LDAP users only)” - does this not include the Cloud Identity Providers such as Azure AD? Or do we have something misconfigured somewhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

georgecm12
Contributor III

Never mind... further testing seems to indicate that it's working. I did delete the device out of Jamf, so maybe that was it... I also started having others test, so it might have been the account I was using. Either way, false alarm!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

georgecm12
Contributor III

Never mind... further testing seems to indicate that it's working. I did delete the device out of Jamf, so maybe that was it... I also started having others test, so it might have been the account I was using. Either way, false alarm!

I'm facing the same issue right now. Was it just the time or you had to make any other changes?

LK
New Contributor II

Same for me. Any updates on this?