Wireless Network Payload and Local Items Keychain

lkoble
New Contributor

Hey Everyone!

I figured I would post this on here since you all have been a wealth of knowledge in the Mac management universe.

I have an "issue" with deploying a standard wireless Network Payload for a PSK/password style network SSID. Everything I have tried creates a keychain item in both the "System" keychain as well as the "Local Items" keychain. Obviously the password getting into the "Local Items" keychain is an issue since a standard user can simply enter their credentials to show the network's password. The network works 100% with just the "System" keychain entry since I have tested both deleting the "Local Items" entry as well as deleting the entire UUID keychain leaving behind only the "System" keychain item.

I have even tried deploying it as a script: sudo networksetup -setairportnetwork en0 <SSID> <Password> but this also creates a "Local Items" keychain entry.

My question to you all is is this what you are experiencing when you push out a standard wireless PSK/password Network Payload? Or in your experience does the payload only create a "System" level keychain item? Everything I have been trying hasn't been able to not create the "Local Items" entry.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0