Block All except allowed?

mvoss
New Contributor

I am testing the JAMF Safe Internet, and so far it is good.. except I need it to do something that I'm not sure it can do, or I'm not configuring it correctly.

My Pre-K through 2nd students only need to access allowed websites. So if I block everything, and then put in custom rules for the allowed domains, that should work, right?

Not the results I'm seeing. Things are still getting blocked by the default rules, which should be overridden by the custom allow rules?

1 REPLY 1

cenforce
New Contributor III

@mvoss certainly, to ensure that only allowed websites are accessible for your students using JAMF Safe Internet, you should indeed block all traffic by default and then create custom rules to allow access to specific domains. However, it's important to review the order and priority of your rules. Make sure that the custom allow rules are positioned higher in the rule hierarchy than the default blocking rules. Rules are often processed from top to bottom, so if a more general rule (like the default blocking rule) is encountered before the custom allow rules, it will take precedence. Double-check the configuration to ensure that the custom allow rules are effectively overriding the default blocking rules.

Sincerely, Mr. Cenforce

jamf man