Can't see paid apps in Apple school

Nicki191
New Contributor

Evening. I hoping someone may be able to help me. I am very new to being a technician so am quick to learn but honest when I don't know something.

I didn't know anything about this migration from VPP to ASM. I went to buy an app the other day from VPP to be guided to ASM. When I signed into ASM and go to settings/apps books/purchase history I can see all the free and paid apps that I have purchased in VPP, which is great but thats where the good news stop as my paid apps aren't showing anywhere else.

If I go to ASM and search a free app I already have , it gives my the chance to order more and it shows me how many licenses I already have. If I go to ASM and search a paid app which I already have paid licenses for there is no recognition that I have any licenses for it, therefore the apps don't show up in Jamf school. I know I'm meant to migrate and move tokens over, but all my free apps have worked and moved over - why not the paid for apps, there must be 1 small step that I'm missing. Any clues?

Thank you so much

3 REPLIES 3

bjohns
New Contributor

I have just migrated from VPP to Apps and Books in ASM and I am having similar issue with my paid apps. After making sure I was in the correct Location in ASM and refreshed my Apps Purchased in Volume in Jamf pro, the free apps showed up in Mobile Device Apps. But if I needed to purchase more of my paid apps I had to login to ASM using my Legacy VPP credentials, buy the apps and make sure I transferred them to the correct Apps and Books location. The only issue I had, when I purchased more apps, the status of them went straight to being used. EX. I have 143 devices and I have 185 licenses for Notability, but those extra 42 licenses were listed as used when I transferred the purchase from locations in ASM and then refreshed apps list in Jamf.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

nvrmnd

user-pggtRhnRSI
New Contributor

Your purchase history appears. If you want to see purchases that you made more than 90 days prior, tap Last 90 Days, then select a different date range.

GarageBand