Deleting iPads with expired APNs

Cbsnj
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I got a question from a customer, that they're trying to delete management on iPads that are in JSS. The problem is that their APNs is expired and the iPads don't have WiFi currently. I think it's possible to get WiFi on the devices, fortunately, but I'm wondering what the best way is to get the management off the devices. Does anyone have experienced this or has any suggestions?

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2

K3v1nK33ch
New Contributor III

Removing JSS management from an iPad needs to be done in the management console where it was originally configured. I don't think it can be done from the iPad. Even if you factory restore the iPads, when you boot them up as new devices, they will re-enroll in JSS when you turn them back on. I could be wrong, I haven't used JSS, but I have been using Jamf School for 3 years now, that's the way it works in Jamf School. Once an organization enrolls a device (locked in by serial number), the organization must release the device from management.

Cbsnj
New Contributor II

Thank you! We managed to get the management off by removing it in Apple School Manager and restoring the iPads with iTunes.