Overriding 'Update Scheduled' in jamf School

wadinyade
New Contributor

I work for an MSP and one of our clients is a school with around 150+ iPads over multiple campuses.

We've recently made the move from Meraki to jamf and with 115 of them sitting in various states of OS versions, I don't seem to be able to get them past the update scheduled stage without getting hands-on with it and manually installing it.

They're set to allow automatic checking for updates and scheduled times are outside of school hours. Pushing the install doesn't seem to override this and in a lot of instances, the OS doesn't seem to autonomously update as expected during the set time frame.

Is there a command or function to FORCE/override the scheduled update for the installation of new OS? It's school holidays, I don't want to spend the next 2 months checking the portal daily, taking inventory of what refuses to work.

2 REPLIES 2

rv019
New Contributor II

Try with the Software updates option available in Jamf.
select Download, Install, and Restart --> then select the latest version based on the device update.pngdevice eligibility option.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@rv019 OP is asking about jamf School, not Pro. The commonly used/abused company name as an umbrella term will hopefully be corrected at some point. 

@wadinyade If the update has not started and appears stalled at the Scheduled Update stage then it's possible the iPad has a passcode(or combo passcode and biometric) and it's sitting at the Lock Screen. Send a clear passcode command then the update command and note if the behavior changes.