What happens to Lost Mode devices when Jamf Pro subscription ends?

kkwasniak
New Contributor

So our school district is considering a move from Jamf Pro to Jamf School. Due to COVID this past year we had to give out most of our iPads as 1-to-1 devices for students and our equipment turn-in date is coming up soon. Unfortunately our Jamf Pro subscription ends just 2 days after that date and we'd like to start using Jamf School once it ends. We would like to turn on Lost Mode on any devices that are not turned in with a message of where the parent can return the iPad but are worried we wouldn't be able to turn it off once our subscription ends. Does anyone have any experience with the end of a Jamf Pro subscription? Do you just get locked out of the portal or does it change to a more watered down version of Jamf where we would still be able to disable Lost Mode on any devices that weren't turned in? I've tried reaching out to support and the rep we talked to about Jamf School but I keep getting told "That seems like a great question for one of our more "Technical" support people".

2 REPLIES 2

rhooper
Contributor III

@kkwasniak I am not familiar with this but would recommend contacting your JAMF Buddy, maybe they can extend the JAMFPro license for a bit longer, seeing how you are moving to another instance of JAMF. I am sure they would have a better grasp on what could or would happen.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@kkwasniak I concur with @rhooper Contact your JAMF Buddy/Account manager. They're very flexible and can certainly help you out with your situation. Mine helped us out tremendously last year.