PCalomeni

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro.

Jamf Pro 11.4.1 fixes the following product issue: 

Jamf Pro Server

[PI117633] A database table issue that could cause server instability has been resolved. 

For additional information on what's included in this release, review the release notes via the Jamf Learning Hub.

To access new versions of Jamf Pro, log into Jamf Account with your Jamf ID. The latest version is located in the Products section under Jamf Pro.

Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated to Jamf Pro 11.4.1 based on your hosted data region below. Review this guide if you need assistance identifying the Hosted Data Region of your Jamf Cloud instance.

If you would like to upgrade manually, navigate to https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro and click Upgrade (Standard Cloud) or Schedule Upgrade (Premium Cloud) at the top of the page.

Subscribe to product alerts to receive real-time updates.

Hosted Region Begins Ends
ap-southeast-2 12 April at 1400 UTC 12 April at 2300 UTC
ap-northeast-1 12 April at 1500 UTC 13 April at 0100 UTC
eu-central-1 12 April at 2200 UTC 13 April at 0900 UTC
eu-west-2 12 April at 2300 UTC 13 April at 0600 UTC
us-east-2 13 April at 0400 UTC 13 April at 1700 UTC
us-west-2 13 April at 0700 UTC 13 April at 2000 UTC
Comments
tender
New Contributor III

How urgent is the update for on-prem? I updated to 11.4.0 last week and will need to pass this through the change management process. I could do it as an emergency change ASAP or wait a week.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

The release notes page version dropdown is wonky (sort order), click the posted link (release notes). We are internally hosted, and are testing the update now. The database table fix is enough reason for us. FWIW we always wait for n.n.1 before we update or upgrade. :)

DonM_ 2024-04-11 at 10.30.48.png

jlattke
New Contributor III

Jamf Sync is an absolute imposition! I have never experienced such a cumbersome and exhausting piece of software. And now I also have to set a sync folder (why is that!?) ... Why is the fast and lean - much better, faster and stable - Jamf Admin no longer supported?

If you're giving it up: at least make sure that the successor is at least as good - and not as catastrophically bad as Jamf Sync!

markopolo
Contributor

Was PI117633 related to the intermittent "503 Errors" I've been seeing on my instance for the past several weeks? Because 11.4.1 didn't fix it.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Looks like Composer 11.4.1 has a bug, and reverting to 11.4.0 fixes it.

https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/can-t-see-files-in-composer-and-always-fails-converting-to-so...

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@jlattke wrote:

> Jamf Admin no longer supported?

FWIW, we are still internally hosted, so Jamf Admin 11.2.0 still works for us.

austin_stewart
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @markopolo, I'm sorry to hear you're still seeing the 503 errors on your instance! If you'd be able to open up a support case they'll be able to help troubleshoot and route the issue appropriately. 

Version history
Last update:
‎04-04-2024 06:13 AM
Updated by:
Contributors