Casper Imaging Netboot Error

boone
New Contributor II

Hi, I am creating a new netboot image from the 2012 macbook pro build, its working for any MBP that shipped with 10.7 but with older MBPs it crashes when trying to launch with the error "Casper Imaging could not find the target disk: Macintosh HD" and then "Error parsing XML for Autorun"

I am using Casper 8.31 but I also tested 8.52 with the same results.

During my testing I dropped my dmg image to a mid 2010 MBP and tried to launch Casper Imaging, it launched into an image confg automatically and looked like it was trying to run the packages, I killed it and started the app again and got the “could not find the target disk” message anytime after that.

Any Ideas or advice would be nice. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

boone
New Contributor II

Please disregard my orignal problem, found out this problem was specific to this computer and I was able to correct the issue. The 10.7.4 mid 2012 netboot image is working fine on the older hardware and I am testing the image itself now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

We are working on a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro image, so wondered if anyone is having this problem, where NetBoot image from this new model isn't allowing older models to NetBoot? We can keep our current images, with the Lion 10.7.4 as default, but was hoping not to have to ask the deployment techs to hold OPTION on reboot to select specific images. :)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

I believe it's one netboot for 2012 macbook pro, one for 2012 airs, and one for everything else, until 10.7.5 is released.

boone
New Contributor II

My image built using 2012 MBP works on all my MBP Hardware (have not worked on Airs yet). I am only having problems launching Casper Imaging on any MBP that is pre 10.7.0 hardware.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@CasperSally Yep, sounds right. I'm wondering though why a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro that shipped with 10.7.3 (11D2097) won't boot from our 10.7.4 (11E53) NBI. :(

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

boone
New Contributor II

Please disregard my orignal problem, found out this problem was specific to this computer and I was able to correct the issue. The 10.7.4 mid 2012 netboot image is working fine on the older hardware and I am testing the image itself now.