Posted on 04-19-2021 06:02 AM
Company: CREST Technologies, Inc
Location: Sterling, Ma
CREST Technologies, Inc has an opening for a System Engineer/Project Engineer position located within the central Massachusetts area (some travel required).
CREST works with educational institutions across the U.S. to ensure the successful deployment of Apple solutions in our customers’ classrooms.
The Systems Engineer/Project Engineer position is a hybrid position delivering architecture, installation, configuration, and integration of Apple products.
The successful candidate will need to be willing to travel to areas throughout the U.S. as needed and will be responsible for leadership and strategic thinking in a hard-working, positive, team-oriented environment. Candidates must demonstrate their ability to be resourceful, the desire and motivation to learn, and to teach others. Candidates must be able to work remotely, at customer sites and collaborate with a geographically dispersed team. Candidates must be able to produce high quality technical documentation and provide training as required.
• Pre-and post-deployment customer consulting and issue resolution.
• Developing, testing and maintaining macOS (baseline) system configurations and iOS profiles, including a baseline build specification for all new devices deployed throughout the customer district.
• Assisting schools recognize areas of concern for their deployments and implementations and providing solutions.
• Assisting in coordinating the deployment of Apple hardware, macOS, macOS Server, and iOS at school sites.
• Coaching customers in their use of the deployed Mobile Device Management solution (MDM) for macOS and iOS.
• Working with CREST/Apple Project Management to ensure technical quality on all engagements.
• Assisting in creating scripts, packages, and developing custom applications to support the Project Team as needed.
• A broad and deep technical knowledge of Apple products from iOS to macOS Server and all supporting technologies.
• Experience architecting, deploying, managing, and integrating both macOS and iOS in customer environments.
• Ability to see the big picture of customer deployments while diving into the minutia of individual technologies.
• Ability to act as a “visionary” when providing guidance on delivery direction.
• Ability to lead in-depth technical troubleshooting and deployment conversations via e-mail, conference calls, whiteboard presentations, and written assessments targeted at Apple engineering, customer, and partner audiences.
• Ability to aggregate information from multiple sources to formulate a cohesive strategy or direction and communicate the direction effectively.
• Possess exemplary interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
• Ability to demonstrate strong writing and project planning experience.
• Ability to act as an autonomous self-starter that can communicate across companies, organizations, and management levels.
• Experience architecting, deploying, and troubleshooting iOS, macOS, and macOS Server.
• Enterprise-level client and server integration and deployment-- Professional experience architecting and deploying wireless networks and/or deploying wireless clients into environments.
• General familiarity with networking concepts, including troubleshooting wireless infrastructure issues.
• macOS 10.10 ACTC certification or an ability to obtain within 30 days of hire via self-study.
• 5+ years of experience with direct customer interaction
• 5+ years of experience creating and presenting technical content as a subject matter expert.
• Experience developing and communicating analytical business reporting.
• Experience deploying and/or managing Microsoft Active Directory and/or UNIX/Linux server infrastructure preferred.
• Experience with JAMF strongly preferred, ability to deliver Jumpstarts is a plus
CREST Technologies, Inc. is a national leader in the management of technology deployments, tradeshow logistics, and corporate events in education and enterprise markets. For over 24 years, CREST has earned a reputation as a proven leader in the delivery of large-scale technical services, providing successful deployment planning, management, and implementation. CREST clients range from internationally-recognized Fortune 100 companies to major regional corporate and educational institutions.
Please email email@example.com