Welcome Everyone!

spesh
New Contributor III

Dear Mac Admins of New England,

We are thrilled to welcome you to our newly created group hub for Mac admins in the New England area! This community is designed to provide a space where you can connect with other Mac admins, share knowledge and expertise, ask questions, and exchange tips and tricks.

Whether you are a seasoned Mac admin with years of experience or just starting out in the field, this community is for you. Our goal is to foster a collaborative environment where everyone can learn from each other and grow their skills.

Here, you can post questions, share best practices, and discuss the latest trends and technologies in Mac administration. Whether you are looking for advice on troubleshooting, deployment strategies, or software updates, our community is here to support you.

So, let's get started! We encourage you to introduce yourself and share a little bit about your background and experience. And of course, feel free to start posting your questions, tips, and insights. We look forward to connecting with you and building a vibrant community of Mac admins in New England!

7 REPLIES 7

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hey there, glad to see this group started up!

New Englander here, working for Santander Bank out of the Boston area. I'm the primary Jamf admin for the company, and will soon also be responsible for Macs in some other North American divisions within the company, as we work on moving to Jamf cloud and consolidating 2 Jamf on-prem environments into the one cloud hosted service.

spesh
New Contributor III

I cannot believe the legendary mm2270 is a New Englander! Your answers here on Jamf Nation have helped me immensely I feel like I'm fangirling haha. So glad to have you here and welcome!! 

pbenware1
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hey all,

Native New Englander, grew up in northeastern MA/Merrimack Valley, now living in southeastern MA, working for Harvard Medical School in Boston (and now 100% remote!).  Primary (actually, the only) Jamf admin for about 2000 devices. w/ 30 years in Apple support, and recently acquired Jamf 300 cert.

Recent lateral change from the field support team to the enterprise services team allows me to focus my admin energies on Jamf and Crashplan, as well as our support and deployment needs for CrowdStrike.

spesh
New Contributor III

Welcome!! Congrats on the 300 cert! That has been my favorite class so far. I'm taking the 400 in May and a bit nervous but I think thats to be expected. 

I'm (so far) the only Jamf Admin at my organization and we have about 150 devices. Managing 2000 must make your head spin a bit. We also use CrowdStrike and I was stoked when I found their configuration profiles for Falcon for Intel and Silicon Macs. Huge time saver. 

Welcome to the group! 

boleary
New Contributor II

Hi, all. Long-time New Englander here who grew up on the "upper east side" of New York State and close to the VT border. I moved to Watertown, MA back in '96, then to Sunderland (north of Amherst), then Northampton, then Amherst, and for the last 5 years have been in Worcester. I started using Jamf at UMass Amherst and have my 200 cert. Would love to get my 300, but would rather have someone else pay for it. 😁 I've managed devices with Jamf both at UMass and CarGurus.

spesh
New Contributor III

I almost went UMass Amherst! In hindsight, I probably should have gone there. The college I ended up going to ended up becoming rivals with the Amherst Lord Jeffs (not sure if thats still their mascot). Small world! 

boleary
New Contributor II

I should add that I'll be moving to somewhere around New Haven, CT in a few months.