Advice with jamf connect configuration

merakogie
New Contributor

My company has decided to use jamf pro to manage the small set of Apple users. One of the goals is sync apple users passwords with AAD. Currently I am trying to configure jamf connect, while the basic configuration works, the jamf authentication and local account migration is very inconsistent from Mac to Mac. The configuration would has users login through an azure login window instead of the normal apple login window then creates a new account or connects the existing account. However either the local account I configured in jamf doesn't work (it freezes the mac) or the migration doesn't apply at all.

Have anyone had these issues? If so any advice? Or should I do basic setup with the jamf connect app to sync the passwords and avoid the migration issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rocketman_Zac
New Contributor II

Hello!

It sounds as though the Jamf Connect Menubar is functioning properly, but there are some issues at the login window with account migration and authentication? If this is the case, it may be best to use authchanger to disable the Jamf Connect Login window and leave Jamf Connect Menubar to sync passwords.
Otherwise, I'd be happy to take a look at the com.jamf.connect.login configuration to see if anything predicts the strange behavior you observed.

Looking for a Jamf Managed Service Provider? Look no further than Rocketman

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rocketman_Zac
New Contributor II

Hello!

It sounds as though the Jamf Connect Menubar is functioning properly, but there are some issues at the login window with account migration and authentication? If this is the case, it may be best to use authchanger to disable the Jamf Connect Login window and leave Jamf Connect Menubar to sync passwords.
Otherwise, I'd be happy to take a look at the com.jamf.connect.login configuration to see if anything predicts the strange behavior you observed.

Looking for a Jamf Managed Service Provider? Look no further than Rocketman