Error Installing License Key Profile

wendlije
New Contributor II

When I double click the license key I get from Jamf for Jamf Connect it opens profiles on my mac, then say there was an error opening ...   Contact your network administrator for more information.  Now I am the network administrator and my therapists has tried hard to stop me from talking to the voices. LOL.  

I'm new to Jamf so I might be doing this wrong.  I also am trying to upload the key to Jamf Cloud and it comes up with errors about Unknown Keys.  I've asked for a new License file from Jamf incase I got a corrupted one but the same thing happens on the second one.  I've also email support this but thought I would check with the community.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinu_thankachan
Contributor

I also faced the same issue after upgrading to  Jamf Pro 10.32.1

Apple no longer supports "PayloadEnabled" in configuration profiles, so that key is now called out when Jamf sees it present in a custom profile. If possible, can I have you try the following:

1) Edit the profile in Jamf Pro
2) In the Applications and Custom Settings payload, we should see buttons that say "View" and "Remove Keys". Click "View" to verify that PayloadEnabled is the only key listed. We will have to do this for the Menu Bar and Login preferences in the profile.
PayloadEnabled only listed

3) If "PayloadEnabled" is the only key listed, we can click "Remove Keys" for both preference domains.
Removed the keys
For Jamf Connect 2.* versions 
4) Be sure the preference domain for the menu bar is listed as "com.jamf.connect" instead of "com.jamf.connect.sync"
The preference domains were updated to com.jamf.connect and com.jamf.connect.login

5) Save our changes and redeploy to computers in the scope
Saved and reapplied all macs

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jbisgett
Contributor II

I had the same problem. It took a few tries and my customer success rep had to get support involved, but they eventually sent me one that works.

vinu_thankachan
Contributor

I also faced the same issue after upgrading to  Jamf Pro 10.32.1

Apple no longer supports "PayloadEnabled" in configuration profiles, so that key is now called out when Jamf sees it present in a custom profile. If possible, can I have you try the following:

1) Edit the profile in Jamf Pro
2) In the Applications and Custom Settings payload, we should see buttons that say "View" and "Remove Keys". Click "View" to verify that PayloadEnabled is the only key listed. We will have to do this for the Menu Bar and Login preferences in the profile.
PayloadEnabled only listed

3) If "PayloadEnabled" is the only key listed, we can click "Remove Keys" for both preference domains.
Removed the keys
For Jamf Connect 2.* versions 
4) Be sure the preference domain for the menu bar is listed as "com.jamf.connect" instead of "com.jamf.connect.sync"
The preference domains were updated to com.jamf.connect and com.jamf.connect.login

5) Save our changes and redeploy to computers in the scope
Saved and reapplied all macs

Thank You think solved the issue.