Getting Mac login screen twice after upgrading to Jamf Connect 2.4.1

abrunner
New Contributor III

I've noticed since we upgraded to Jamf Connect 2.4.1 last week that when I restart my computer that I am getting 2 login screens. We are using FileVault, so the expected behavior is the standard Mac login screen. We have Jamf Connect setup so that at logout you get a custom Jamf Connect login screen. Instead, I get the standard Mac login screen, I enter my password, I am taken to another login screen (with my desktop background instead of the generic Big Sur background) and I can enter my password or use touch ID to login. Thoughts? Anyone else having this?

10 REPLIES 10

jonn1e
Contributor

Hi, 

Wo noticed the same issue with 2.4.0 on two devices with FileVault. User should only see the default MacOS Screen once. A second time "authchanger -reset" at the terminal has fixed it for us and the second password prompt vanished. 

Root Cause unclear 🤔

@jonn1e when Connect installs or updates the post install script will look for the presence of a configuration for com.jamf.connect.login. It will then will run "authchanger -reset -JamfConnect", which would enable that Connect login window after FileVault is unlocked.

abrunner
New Contributor III

That would make sense if we had changed any of those settings from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 but we haven't and it has been working fine since we deployed it on 2.4.0. It's also not every user.

merlin
New Contributor III

you could run a test and make it explicit with

DisableFDEAutoLogin

set to false.

mikevandelinder
Contributor
Contributor

@abrunner Connect doesn't have any interaction or way to present a Touch ID prompt - but, after you enter your password to unlock FileVault are you brought to a Connect window? macOS login window? Or something like the system's screensaver/unlock screen?

abrunner
New Contributor III

@mikevandelinder It's like the system's screensaver/unlock screen. Prompts for password or Touch ID. It seems to only be on a handful of machines. Honestly I haven't had time to look into it any further. It's not causing a problem, just is strange.

jonn1e
Contributor

@abrunner Did you made any further investigations or maybe find a solution? 

There is one more colleague on our side, which is facing the same issue. authchanger -reset won't help. 

abrunner
New Contributor III

I did not. It just stopped doing it randomly.

We can confirm that the issue vanished with update 11.5.2.
Not sure if it was the update itself our just the update process that will reset some internal stuff in MacOS.