How do you block URL systemwide on Jamf?

user-JStyuuLIfm
New Contributor

3 REPLIES 3

Tangentism
Contributor II

Configuration Profile > New > Parental Controls > Content Filtering > Enable "Limit Access to websites by" > Under "Deny URLs:" enter URLs you want to block.

Thank you! I added the URL. However, it looks like even if the site is blocked, I can still access the site? I did this on chrome and received a popup that states "Google Chrome Helper attempted to access a secure website. Screen Time restricts access to secure websites. To add this website to your approved list, click Add Website." There are 2 options, "add website" and "ok". I selected Add website and another popup appears asking for my laptop pw, which I entered. Then a popup appears that reads "access to this secure website is now permitted/ future access to this website will be allowed. try connecting again." I tried to connect to it again and it appears blocked. i'm just not sure if it's really blocked since the popup says that it's now unblocked. Any ideas about this? 

kevinv
New Contributor III

This is only for Safari - other browsers will still be able to access the sites

I've tried adding entries to Local Hosts file but that hasn't been bullet proof either...