Jamf Connect 2.6 and Monterey 12.0.1

Smadakram0
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has seen an issue with Jamf Connect not automatically launching into the menu bar after login?

Only observing this behaviour on Monterey. 

Jamf Connect is performing the user login, because I'm logging in with my Azure user account. 
If I launch Jamf Connect manually via Applications, it then shows in the menu bar.

Wondering if I'm now missing something in one of the config files that is causing this not to auto launch. 

This is also tested against a completely fresh install. 

Regards,
Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mjhersh
Contributor

Does the LaunchAgent exist at /Library/LaunchAgents/com.jamf.connect.plist? If not, make sure you are installing that pkg. It is separate from the main Jamf Connect pkg (in the Resources folder of the DMG).

Personally I have not had issues on Monterey, although I'm not 100% sure I tested 2.6 specifically.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mjhersh
Contributor

Does the LaunchAgent exist at /Library/LaunchAgents/com.jamf.connect.plist? If not, make sure you are installing that pkg. It is separate from the main Jamf Connect pkg (in the Resources folder of the DMG).

Personally I have not had issues on Monterey, although I'm not 100% sure I tested 2.6 specifically.

Smadakram0
New Contributor II

Thanks @mjhersh, that file was missing. 
Now I just need to understand how Jamf Connect was being installed without the 2nd pkg.  
Once the other one is pushed down, it does work as expected. 

mjhersh
Contributor

Yes, all the necessary software is installed with the main pkg, including the login screen and the app in /Applications. The only thing the secondary pkg installs is that LaunchAgent, which is what loads the menubar applet automatically on login. As you noted, you can still load the menubar applet manually regardless. 

ikenna83
New Contributor II

Adding the app to the login items is also a work around while you deploy the LaunchAgent. Not ideal but better than lunching it manually every time.