Jamf Connect and FileVault

AThomasMT
New Contributor

Hello,

Could you please advise me on the following?

I have Jamf Connect deployed via Jamf Pro (with Azure AD) anf FileVault enabled via a Configuration Profile.

At the booting and restarting, macOS login window first appears to ask for Password and then presents the Jamf Connect Window where I supply the Azure Credentials.

At the logout, it presents the Jamf Connect window.

is it the way it should appear? Since FV enabled, it requires to be unlocked first and then JC login window appears there.

if there is no FV, it straightaway presents the Jamf Connect Login Window.

(User Migration has been chosen with Jamf Connect Configuration.)

Thank you,

Arun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rocketman_Zac
New Contributor II

Hello Arun,

It looks as though you are describing the expected behavior perfectly. It's possible but not necessary to pass that FileVault MacOS password to Jamf Connect Login. 

More info and an excellent flowchart are here: https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-connect/2.15.0/documentation/FileVault_Enablement_with_Jamf_Connect.html

Hope this helps!

Looking for a Jamf Managed Service Provider? Look no further than Rocketman

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rocketman_Zac
New Contributor II

Hello Arun,

It looks as though you are describing the expected behavior perfectly. It's possible but not necessary to pass that FileVault MacOS password to Jamf Connect Login. 

More info and an excellent flowchart are here: https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-connect/2.15.0/documentation/FileVault_Enablement_with_Jamf_Connect.html

Hope this helps!

Looking for a Jamf Managed Service Provider? Look no further than Rocketman

pastorlibre
New Contributor

Hi question, on the flowchart it shows automatic login but if we are using Azure or some other service beyond local and are offline will it auto login or because it has a hook to Azure in Jamfconnect its treated as a non automatic login?

If our users are offline they do the FV2 login then it waits while it errors out for the Azure/office login then they have to do the local login.. If its online it works FV2 -Azure then auto logs in..