Jamf Connect email and password sections greyed out

dgarrigan
New Contributor II

Has anyone had this issue with Jamf Connect? It is becoming a widespread problem within our organization.  This (attached photo) will pop up upon login and you can't make it go away.   We thought updating everyone 2.12 would solve this problem but it's still happening.  The only fix that we've found that works is going in and manually re-installing (via Jamf id site) the latest version.  I'd like to avoid manually re-installing for our whole environment so any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

jamfconnect.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

You are using Azure of Okta or other?  What pop-up is that an additional login window, while the end-user is at their desktop?

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

The greyed out login abilities are sometimes associated with a bad License in the configuration profile. @dgarrigan 

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

Khalid_Kareem
New Contributor II

Hi, so I'm having the same issue, but I don't see where I can upload the license for Jamf Connect.
do I need to replace the old Config Profile with a new one that has a new license key? 

I received a new Jamf Pro license key, but I didn't get a new Jamf Connect license. Any idea? 

jocbaz
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm also seeing some macs where Jamf Connect's email and pwd fields are grayed out.  Based on some of the replies here; it seems something may be related to Licensing wrong configurations, Azure... or something else.).  either way the case maybe, where is that this issue needs to be fixed? in the clients or in the Jamf servers, etc.  Have you gotten any solution for this issue?  Thanks in advance.

HI, you will need to get the user with that issue to be excluded from the license file, then re-add the license file again. Sometimes you might need the user to restart for the Jamf Connect popup to go away/come back to normal where you can login instead of greyed out.

Srvan
New Contributor II

Hi @Khalid_Kareem Can you please share a step by step points to try this.

Matt27
New Contributor

JAMF Recommends that you create a Config profile to house just the license file for the JAMF Connect configuration and put all of the other settings into another profile. This allows you to change the license file without touching the rest of the JAMF Connect config or any other payloads that you may have bundled together

Srvan
New Contributor II

Hi @Matt27 Can you please share a steps by step process, that I can try.