Jamf Connect password sync - Ventura

danmoore
New Contributor

Hi all, 

wondering if you can help, as I am at a loss as to why this is happening. We run jamf connect to sync our passwords with our AD accounts, and it is working fine for everyone except those running Ventura. 

For those on Ventura, it gives us an error every few hours saying our ldap password is out of sync and we must enter it, but when we try it gives en error on jamf connect: 

//ping.***.com/as/token.oauth2, ERROR: Unknown error. Message: grant_type is required, STATUS: 400

Everything is working fine, we can get on our network shares, use teams and outlook fine, there is absolutely nothing wrong other than this error not disappearing. 

Has anyone seen this before and if so do you have a fix? I have updated to the latest version of Jamf Connect but that hasn't changed anything. 

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Can you access your hosted IDP (Ping) directly from the Mac(s)?

When you log in to a network server. Yes you are passing credentials to the server, but the server is using LDAP (or whatever protocol you have setup) from itself to validate the credentials. That shows that the server can reach the IDP, it does not have any baring on if your Mac can reach the IDP.

Hi, 

yes we can access it fine, it even pops up with the ping logon page after the initial local login is completed. That all works fine apart from a bug where it takes a couple of restarts to get the ping logon page to actually show up. 

Thanks

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I would focus on that bug. You should be able to load any website reliably. You may have something on your network interfering with the communication. JAMF Connect is not going to keep trying to sync the password until it works.

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 400 Bad Request response status code indicates that the server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (for example, malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing)