Jamf Connect vs. Jamf Connect Verify

matt_saccento
New Contributor II

I'm reconfiguring Jamf Connect and am a little confused by the overlap of the com.jamf.connect and com.jamf.connect.verify application domains. It seems like you have to use both to fully customize the menu bar and password syncing functionality of Jamf Connect, but the existence of the same settings in both domains is stressing me out.

Are they actually configuring the same thing? Does one take precedence over the other? Is there a set of best practices to follow? The Jamf Connect documentation isn't clear on this, and it doesn't even seem to reference the fact that you can configure it at the com.jamf.connect level.

Long story short, I’ve got things working, but "A," I’m not sure I did it “right,” and "B," there’s no way anyone who looks at these configs after me is not going to have the same exact questions.

Thanks, Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mikevandelinder
Contributor
Contributor

@matt_saccento anything related to com.jamf.connect.verify is specific to version 1.x of the app and will not apply to current versions of the Connect menubar app. Profiles for that domain will be ignored. For anything 2.0 or later, use the com.jamf.connect preference domain. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikevandelinder
Contributor
Contributor

@matt_saccento anything related to com.jamf.connect.verify is specific to version 1.x of the app and will not apply to current versions of the Connect menubar app. Profiles for that domain will be ignored. For anything 2.0 or later, use the com.jamf.connect preference domain. 

matt_saccento
New Contributor II

Awesome, thanks!