JamF Connect with Intune - login screen not appearing at boot

prishmayo
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm deploying JamF connect using Intune and struggling to get the login screen to appear at start-up.

If I log in using the local user and then log out, the Azure login screen appears and it all works fine. What I can't get to happen is the login screen to appear at start-up.

Where I'm at now is that at startup the regular macOS login screen appears and I can enter my credentials.

Then the Azure login screen appears

Then the screen goes blank for 20-30 seconds and the Azure login screen appears again.

Then I can log in, do MFA and I'm at the desktop.

What setting might be triggering the initial macOS login screen so I can remove it and boot straight to the Azure login screen?

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

Are you enforcing FileVault?  Jamf Connect cannot replace the FileVault authorization screen that pops up during initial startup on an encrypted machine.

MikePh
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Take a look at this link: https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/jamf-connect-documentation-current/page/FileVault_Enablement_with_Jamf...

It has a nice flowchart of FileVault experiences. Like was already stated it sounds like you're seeing the FileVault screen upon boot up.

Unfortunately there is no way around the first screen to unlock the drive if FileVault is enabled.