JAMF Pro Platform: Jamf Connect pulling wrong username when trying to change password

apaye
New Contributor

Need help with "JAMF Connect pulling wrong username when trying to change password". 

I have a user who is unable to change her password every time when her password is nearing expiration. 

When she opens Jamf Connect and clicks change password she puts in her old password and then her new one and immediately is presented with this error (screenshot attached)

.Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 10.50.15 AM.png

This is not the right username and it has omitted the C in her last name.  We don't see this account anywhere...not in AD, not in Okta our IDP.  Her local account is correct.  We cannot find out why it keeps pulling up this name.  We have removed the MDM profile and deleted Jamf Connect and re enrolled her machine..  We have set up an entirely new Macbook and it is doing the same thing.  We know that Jamf pulls from Okta our IDP but her account is right in Okta and AD.  If anyone knows why this is happening,  please let me know.

5 REPLIES 5

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

On that computer. Run this in terminal to get the Jamf Connect status for that user: defaults read com.jamf.connect.state

apaye
New Contributor

Thanks @junjishimazaki unfortunately, I tried that command and got the following displayed on the screen

DESKTOP-776OK3H:~ administrator$ defaults read com.jamf.connect.state

2023-03-02 07:08:58.708 defaults[11348:922943] 

Domain com.jamf.connect.state does not exist

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

You have to run that command in the user's account. 

I have the same error. Where does Jamf connect put down the username?

I don't know what you mean by "put down the username".  But, the Jamf Connect plist settings get stored in /Library/Manage Preferences directory. There will be the main one that all accounts read and then there is the one the user account gets created. Any user that gets created with Jamf Connect, you will see the username folder there with all the profiles that are managed by your MDM including Jamf Connect. Please look over the Jamf Connect admin guide https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-connect/2.3.3/administrator-guide/State_Settings_and_User_Status.html