New Outlook for mac not syncing Jamf Connect password change

mdcooledge
New Contributor III

I just wanted to post this as it is an inconsistent issue I have come across. When a user changes their password using Jamf Connect, sometimes the 'New' Outlook for mac does not sync the change. I have found that if you toggle back to the 'Old' Outlook for mac it will restart and prompt Single Sign-On for the users password and then will begin to sync the inbox. You can then switch back to the 'New' Outlook if so desired. Hope this helps.

8 REPLIES 8

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

What IDP does your org use to sync Jamf Connect?

Azure

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

After you update the password via Jamf Connect and then close/re-open Outlook, do you get a prompt to enter the new password? 

It depends. And thats what I was saying, on the 'New' Outlook it doesn't prompt at all, even when I completely close/quit and re-open. Only when I toggle it to the 'Old' Outlook format and back. Which is fine. I just wanted others to be aware. I think this is a Microsoft issue but not sure.

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Do you have the key set correctly to sync keychain password items? 

<key>PasswordItems</key>

<dict>

<key>AccountItemOne</key>

<string><<shortname>></string>

<key>AccountItemTwo/key>

<string><<shortname>></string>

</dict>

choudhary
New Contributor II

Do we have this solution, we are also facing similar issues but we are using the NoMad. 
Now weird thing is, Microsoft removed the new Outlook toggle button which was the workaround to fix this issue.

mdcooledge
New Contributor III

I have noticed this as of late. I have been having a lot of users un able to sync outlook. The only fix I found was to reset account in outlook app or remove and re add account. I don't know if this is a Microsoft thing or if its just our spotty network in our environment. 

choudhary
New Contributor II

Did anyone found any solution on this?