Switching from Meraki to Jamf

ajamfadmin1810
Contributor

Hello

We are looking to move over from Meraki to our Jamf environment, we currently have about 900 in Meraki and 600 in Jamf.  Just looking to get any info on this, i saw a post about a quick add pkg and script but not much other info.

Thank you!! any help is much appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CalleyO
Contributor III

Hi @ajamfadmin1810, Calley from Jamf here. I reached out to our Connect team and they suggested you reach out to our Services team. 😀   Let me know if you need any more info!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

A quick-add package should work. Macs that are in Apple Business Manager can be enrolled by using the "sudo profiles renew -type enrollment" command after you have switched the MDM server setting in Apple Business Manger to Jamf Pro, and your Jamf Pro server has synced with Apple Business Manager. You likely need to unenroll them from Meraki. The last time I tried running a quick-add package on a Mac that already had an MDM profile installed, the enrollment failed. I didn't know it was already managed. I don't know anything about Meraki so I wouldn't know the best way to unenroll. I'm sure someone here knows a good way to do this. You posted this in the best place possible. Also, the Mac Admins Slack channel is a great resource.

CalleyO
Contributor III

Hi @ajamfadmin1810, Calley from Jamf here. I reached out to our Connect team and they suggested you reach out to our Services team. 😀   Let me know if you need any more info!

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

You have made a great choice to move to Jamf. Jamf provides the absolute BEST support out of all of the IT vendors that we work with. They are so awesome we need a new word for awesome!