This copy of Jamf Connect in unlicensed error at logon.

pchimombe
New Contributor III

4bd3b7e8f3dc4354b89e847bdc215a8a

Hi,

Is anyone getting this error with the Jamf Connect Login window? We are Using OKTA and JAMF Cloud. I have logged a ticket with Support and we tried recreating the profiles(login, license, Jamf Connect), scoping and unscoping to specific machines etc.

Each time I log off/restart the machine loses the license. Checked /Library/Managed Preferences/ and I can see the Jamf Connect plist(s) with the license keys. Can see my profiles in System Prefs. I know the license file is valid as it will sometimes license at random then 'disappears' after log off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pchimombe
New Contributor III

If anyone else runs into this, it was as a result of a blank license key in the configuration profile.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pchimombe
New Contributor III

If anyone else runs into this, it was as a result of a blank license key in the configuration profile.

smacdoug
New Contributor

how do you fix this?

smacdoug
New Contributor

What i mean to say, is what are the steps to solve this?

pchimombe
New Contributor III

Hi Smacdoug sorry for the delayed response.

• First step would be to reach out to your JAMF account manager to confirm that your JAMF connect license is up to date.
  • My issue was that the LicenseFile key in my com.jamf.connect plist was blank. Check both your JAMF Connect plists in /Library/Managed Preferences/ the LicenseFile key should not be blank. See below for what the plist looked like before this was resolved.
    <key>LicenseFile</key>
    <string></string>