Users enrolled in Google Authenticator are unable to log into Jamf Connect log in window

gpowell
New Contributor

Hello Jamf, 

So around a month ago, a user reported that they were unable to log in after restarting. I had them show me the issue, and after logging into the jamf connect log-in window, the screen just goes black for about 30 seconds, then prompts them back to log-in window again. Turning off the wifi allowed the user to log in, but if he restarted, the issue was still there. This trickled down to a few more users, and I opened a Jamf support ticket. I tried all their troubleshooting and uploaded logs, config files, and system reports, and they saw nothing unusual. They also had me to set  "Enable Filevault" to false in our "Jamf Connect Login" config profile since it was already enabled via its own standalone config profile. I thought that was solved, but then one of our VP's reached out to me, stating that they were unable to log in and were having the same issue. 

I checked our okta logs as I had a hunch that the issue was mfa related. I checked mfa usage reports for all of the affected users and they all were enrolled with Google Authenticator. I had been trying to replicate the issue with my test device but I was unsuccessful. I brought this up to one of the jamf support techs in a meeting and I tested my theory. I enrolled my test account with google authenticator, reset my computer and attempted to log in and low and behold I was was unable to log in now I was able to replicate the issue. But the trials ends there and my thoughts have run dry lol. Can anyone help me or offer any guidance please? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am new to jamf and also unironically the chosen subject matter expert for it and I am lost on this problem. I also wonder why has this happened all of a sudden when we were fine for 4 out of them 5 months that we have been using the software. I foadd that OpenID Connect is set up or rather has been setup since the launch of the MDM. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gpowell
New Contributor

Resolved. Resetup the Jamf config login and setup Okta-OIDC.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

gpowell
New Contributor

Resolved. Resetup the Jamf config login and setup Okta-OIDC.