Will not merge with local accounts

Jared-Grosser
New Contributor II

Hello,

We just setup Jamf Connect on Friday. I pushed it out to one of my test machines and I cannot get it to merge with my local account. It pulls up the Azure Microsoft login page, I type in my email address, then it takes me to our Okta MFA page and I sign in there, the push is sent out and I tell Okta that it is me. Then it looks like it is going to log me in, but it doesn't. The next screen I get is to reenter my cloud password  to setup my new local account. I have tried every password for my iCloud, my AAD password, and my local Mac account password. Nothing will let me in. I have reached out to Jamf Support, but I am starting my Jamf 200 course on Monday and would like to have my MacBook working by then. Any suggestions or ideas on how to get passed that screen would be helpful. 

Note: Yes I have typed my password in correctly and my account is not locked in AD or AAD. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jared-Grosser
New Contributor II

The problem is on our end. We figured out with help from Jamf Support that because our Azure auth. is going through Okta, that we just need to go through Okta instead of Azure which is then trying to do both.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

danlaw777
Contributor III

the Jamf jumpstart tech didn't test this before he was done? I'd contact them directly 

Jared-Grosser
New Contributor II

The problem is on our end. We figured out with help from Jamf Support that because our Azure auth. is going through Okta, that we just need to go through Okta instead of Azure which is then trying to do both.