Computers running Mojave no longer checking in

shalas
New Contributor III

Hi there,

We have some users who needed to run Mojave until recently. We went to upgrade them (all users are remote) and I noticed that every system running Mojave stopped checking in with Jamf on 8/13/22.

We disable Admin access for end users and use either the Jamf Admin user or a policy to temporarily perform admin procedures.

Unfortunately both of those options are not working (Jamf admin refuses password and zero policies in Self Service will work, they just error out).

The last thing I want to do is ship the computers back in and manually wipe them and restore them. Does anyone have a solution for forcing check in on systems that seemed to have dropped off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dennisnardi
Contributor

This was noticed in my enviorment as well. 8/13 is the date of a Jamf cloud server upgrade (or at least was mine). It didn't seem like a massive amount of computers, but still more than you'd want. We found that we could issue a re-enrollment via the API that fixed this by following the instructions here: https://www.modtitan.com/2022/02/jamf-binary-self-heal-with-jamf-api.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dennisnardi
Contributor

This was noticed in my enviorment as well. 8/13 is the date of a Jamf cloud server upgrade (or at least was mine). It didn't seem like a massive amount of computers, but still more than you'd want. We found that we could issue a re-enrollment via the API that fixed this by following the instructions here: https://www.modtitan.com/2022/02/jamf-binary-self-heal-with-jamf-api.html

shalas
New Contributor III

You sir are a saint! Thank you. I used the Curl command and it has worked for one system so far.

Cheers!!

rob1
Contributor

When will this be brought as an option to Jamf School? I have a number of older iPads and iMacs that no longer check in and no longer respond to management commands. Most of them I have had to wipe and re-enroll into MDM.