Enable notifications without control individual settings

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

Is there a way to enable notifications for applications without locking the user out from changing what the notification settings are? 

Right now, I have a test profile that only has "NotificationsEnabled" set to true:

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 11.21.59.png

But when the profile installs, the user is locked out of any other changes:

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 4.11.06 PM.png

If there is no profile and the user enables notifications themselves, they can make changes to their hearts delight:

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 4.12.17 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

No, notification settings are managed preferences. If they are set by Configuration Profile, they can not be modified by the end user. Your choice is either let the user chose or set a specific option. 

FYI - Those screenshots are from Ventura. Since it is still in Beta, it is covered by an NDA and should not be discussed or posted in a public forum. Since the question you are asking applies to Monterey (and previous versions of macOS), you question is fine. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

No, notification settings are managed preferences. If they are set by Configuration Profile, they can not be modified by the end user. Your choice is either let the user chose or set a specific option. 

FYI - Those screenshots are from Ventura. Since it is still in Beta, it is covered by an NDA and should not be discussed or posted in a public forum. Since the question you are asking applies to Monterey (and previous versions of macOS), you question is fine. 

Good to know. I created a static group for users that specifically want to change these settings and it won't put the config profile on their device.

I've also updated the screenshots. Thanks for the heads up.