Freeform Jamf School

MD1
New Contributor II

As some students have installed IOS 16.2, they now have access to Freeform. I want to place the app in our Apple folder for all of the students, which was created using the layout profile in jamf school.

However, Freeform hasn't yet appeared in the internal apps section in jamf school, so I don't have the ability to currently place it in any folder of my choosing. 

Is there anything I can do to get freeform into jamf school or is it just a case of waiting?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GregBobbett
Contributor

I think I may have figured out how to get Freeform to at least be listed in the Layout Profile.

In Apps > Inventory > click +Add App > Add iOS App > search for 'com.apple.freeform' > click Add

Make any setting adjustments you want in the app info page. You don't need to apply any Scope unless you want to make sure the app is installed on specific device groups. Now go to your Layout Profile and the app will be in the list of apps you can place into folders, etc.

I tested it specifically, and it appears to work just as desired.

Hopefully this will help,

Greg

Greg Bobbett

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GregBobbett
Contributor

I think I may have figured out how to get Freeform to at least be listed in the Layout Profile.

In Apps > Inventory > click +Add App > Add iOS App > search for 'com.apple.freeform' > click Add

Make any setting adjustments you want in the app info page. You don't need to apply any Scope unless you want to make sure the app is installed on specific device groups. Now go to your Layout Profile and the app will be in the list of apps you can place into folders, etc.

I tested it specifically, and it appears to work just as desired.

Hopefully this will help,

Greg

Greg Bobbett

MD1
New Contributor II

Just tested it myself and all work fine.

You are a diamond. Thank you very much