Jamf Certs Besides for Jamf Pro?

guzhogi
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, I was looking at the various Jamf training & certs, and the X00 certs are geared for Jamf Pro, and the X70 certs are mainly security/Jamf Protect. Are there any training/certs for Jamf School or Connect?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Nope, JAMF is the only one who makes Certificate programs for the JAMF Platform. There really are not a lot of macOS focused certification programs. If you are interested, Apple does have a few. Apple overhauled their training program last year.

IT Training (apple.com)

View solution in original post

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

No, JAMF does not provide any certificate courses for JAMF School. They only have JAMF Pro 100, 200, 300, and 400, as well as JAMF Protect 170, and 370. Generally speaking JAMF Pro and JAMF School are very similar products, there are some UI/UX differences and a few feature differences but the underpinnings are the same. Its beyond me why JAMF has not merged School and Pro at this point.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Nope, JAMF is the only one who makes Certificate programs for the JAMF Platform. There really are not a lot of macOS focused certification programs. If you are interested, Apple does have a few. Apple overhauled their training program last year.

IT Training (apple.com)

guzhogi
New Contributor II

Sorry, I was unclear. I get that only Jamf creates certifications for its platform, but I find the training is specifically for Jamf Pro. Jamf also has Jamf School, Protect, and Connect, but I don't see any Jamf training/certs specifically for those.

I ask because my school district is moving to Jamf School (not Jamf Pro) for our iPad fleet this summer, and I want to be as prepared as possible for it.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

No, JAMF does not provide any certificate courses for JAMF School. They only have JAMF Pro 100, 200, 300, and 400, as well as JAMF Protect 170, and 370. Generally speaking JAMF Pro and JAMF School are very similar products, there are some UI/UX differences and a few feature differences but the underpinnings are the same. Its beyond me why JAMF has not merged School and Pro at this point.

guzhogi
New Contributor II

Thanks! I've used Jamf Pro for a few years now, but only started taking the certs, so wasn't sure.