Jamf Cloud web session timeout change?

pbenware1
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hey All,

Is it possible to change the timeout on a Jamf Cloud console session?

We're on Jamf Cloud 10.42 using SSO to login to the console, if that matters.

The main issue (among others), is that when performing a GSX lookup, the web session usually times out before the look up finishes.

We have ~1400 workstations which takes at least 10-15 minutes to update, but more often than not results in a session timeout.  

I've tried creating a SMART group where there is no Warranty info for the device, but the only options are Warranty Expiration is before/after or within a certain # of days.

It does seem as though if I open a new JSS tab in the same browser window and work in there while the GSX lookup is ongoing in the other tab, that the GSX lookup session will not timeout.

I did check the SSO settings, but it only has a Token expiration time, which is not what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fveja
New Contributor III

Hi @pbenware1 I created https://github.com/fveja/JSSCaffeinate for this reason!  It works by keeping alive the web session.

Cheers,

Florin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Fveja
New Contributor III

Hi @pbenware1 I created https://github.com/fveja/JSSCaffeinate for this reason!  It works by keeping alive the web session.

Cheers,

Florin

pbenware1

Sweet.  TY, I will definitely give this a try.

Fveja
New Contributor III

Great!  Let me know how it works for you and what you think!

pbenware1

Worked for me.  Ran my GSX update with 0 timeouts.

But it does beg the question of why this can't be made longer or user configurable.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor

you can, if you move to dedicated instance..  $20k last time I looked.. 😱 (it does have some other 'stuff')

pbenware1

@jamf-42 Thanks for that.  I found the PDF for the Premium Cloud service.  Best guess is my org won't spring another $20K just to stop my complaining about timeouts, even with the other features.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor

yea.. tuff one.. "but it will save 10mins a day!!" 🤣  was simple to do when on prem.. it should at least be an option (like you know every other admin panel!)  at least we have a new design on the config page!