Jamf Connect not prompting users to sync passwords after IdP change

Antbanks51
New Contributor III

So none of our devices are prompting users to sync their passwords after they change it via IdP.  I checked the Jamf Connect configuration profile and it looks to have all the settings correct.  NetworkCheck is set to 15 and we have the Jamf Connect notification profile enabled under Settings>Computer Management>Security.

Jamf Support told me it could be hidden behind the time and that i should click on it to look for the notification.  I had a device that updated the password days ago and when i click on the time there is no password notification there.

Has anyone seen this?  Any way to force a password sync?

EDIT - After messing around on my device right after posting this I have noticed that the Jamf Connect icon is not in my menu bar.  If i launch it and click Connect it then prompts me to sync the password.  Is there a way that I can have this app launch on boot and have it automatically logged into?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Are you installing the LaunchAgent pkg with the Jamf Connect pkg? It is located in the Resources folder of the Jamf Connect DMG. That will launch Jamf Connect and ensure it is running if someone tries to quit. But, if Jamf Connect menubar is not running, that would be why you aren't getting prompted. 

Also, even if the JC is running, there will probably be a delay on seeing the prompt after changing your password at the IdP. By default, JC only checks ever 60 minutes to see if the passwords are in sync. You can chance the frequency by setting this preference key:

NetworkCheck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Are you installing the LaunchAgent pkg with the Jamf Connect pkg? It is located in the Resources folder of the Jamf Connect DMG. That will launch Jamf Connect and ensure it is running if someone tries to quit. But, if Jamf Connect menubar is not running, that would be why you aren't getting prompted. 

Also, even if the JC is running, there will probably be a delay on seeing the prompt after changing your password at the IdP. By default, JC only checks ever 60 minutes to see if the passwords are in sync. You can chance the frequency by setting this preference key:

NetworkCheck

Antbanks51
New Contributor III

I did not have the Launch Agent installing.  Thank you!