Jamf Connect Password Sync

EUC-Admin
New Contributor III

Hello all,

We leverage Jamf Connect via Microsoft Azure without any AD binding. What is the standard procedure if an end user forgets their local signed password to get back into their account on their machine?

I linked an article which walks through the standard process with a special callout to step 3 in the process. Has anyone encountered this and how would you resolve?

https://confluence.appstate.edu/display/ATKB/How+Jamf+Connect+Syncs+Your+Mac+Password+After+a+Passwo... 

2 REPLIES 2

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Happens all the time. You would boot to Recovery and reset the password:

If you can't reset your Mac login password - Apple Support

if you have FileVault enabled, you will need the Personal Recovery Key. We have our users reset their password to their current organization password. 

EUC-Admin
New Contributor III

Long dead thread here that I began.

However, I encountered this same issue again and found a pretty intuitive workaround. Disable wireless, sign in as the local admin, change the password in Active Directory for the user in question, then in users and groups (as the local admin) change the users password to what it was newly set as in Active Directory. Sign out of the admin, re-enable wireless, then sign in as the user and it resolves the password synchronization issue.