MDM Profile Installation Failed - Personal iMac

KZCOU10
New Contributor

Hi all,

I've got someone with a 2015 iMac with Monterey 12.6 installed, trying to install MDM on it. We are able to download/install the CA profile but when trying to install the MDM profile it errors (profile installation failed an error occurred while trying to import the certificate or identity). It had been up for a fair few weeks and I thought a restart would fix it as it usually does but it didn't. It has Sophos installed, we disabled it and tried again but still no go. We updated to Montery 12.7.1 which I think is the highest it will go. Any ideas why it won't install?

Mac MDM Profile Install Error.png

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Before being helpful, I have two comments.

• BYOD mac's are a really bad idea.
  • You don't want anything in your environment that is not running macOS 14, and certainly you don't want hardware that cannot update to macOS 14.

MacOS Unified logging collects a decent bit of information when attempting to enroll in to MDM. At a guess I would say there is a network issue causing the API to fail along the way for device enrollment. The blog below does a decent writeup for troubleshooting. You can't rule out device randomness preventing enrollment, but logs may help paint a clearer picture. Lastly don't forget to check JAMFs logs as JAMF may have useful information. 

https://micromdm.io/blog/troubleshoot-dep/