Problems editing posts?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Anyone else seeing a problem where the Edit option isn't available for posts you've made? I've now seen it on multiple posts I've made in the past couple of days and I'm wondering if I have company.

7 REPLIES 7

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Just checked: I don't see the Edit button either. Using Safari/Ventura latest.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

I'm also a Safari user, so tried Chrome and the Edit button is missing there as well. Sounds like a borked forum software update

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Posting a reply just to see if I can edit it.

Edit: I can edit. The edit is still showing up for me under the down arrow. Maybe they fixed the issue already?

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 3.56.17 PM.png

Edit 2: Forgot to mention, this is using Google Chrome. I didn't test with other browsers.

JustinV
Contributor

Hey all, We have limited the time to edit posts to assist with backend management. I understand how this may wrench your plans to update your post. We can do one of two things. I can edit the post for you, or you can post on the post thread with an update. Thanks for working with us on this solution!

- Justin

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@JustinV What is the threshold for losing the ability to edit a post? I don't think it had been more than 15-20 minutes since I had originally posted a reply this morning when I wanted to clarify something and realized the missing Edit button I'd seen yesterday wasn't a fluke. 

Hey @sdagley, I will reach out directly. 

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

So what is the time limit now? It would be nice to know.