Profile to disable Adobe auto updates?

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

We just ran into a problem where a users adobe suite updated from 2020 to 2023 and broke all their plugins.  I tried our old 2020 install package we had initially deployed with and they wouldn't install.  I went to the adobe admin site and they only allow n-1.  I reached out to their support and was told basically current and one behind is it.

I want to make sure that we get the updates turned off before it affects too many people, but I can't find a script/config profile to disable those auto-updates.  Does anybody have a manageable way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3

rrouleau
Contributor

Have you tried checking "Make updates available 30 days after release" in the Adobe Admin Console?

rrouleau
Contributor

image001.png

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Adobe does not have any configurations that can be managed by MDM. This would need to be done on the Adobe Admin Console side.

Adobe is very similar to Apple is not caring what anyone thinks. As @rrouleau  suggested the best you can do is to differ update availability 30 days, and not install updates automatically. The user could install updates after 30 days. This is almost identical to how macOS update deferral works.