Apple ID First and Last Name Won't Update (Apple ID greyed out in iPad settings)

Aquanex2
New Contributor

So I changed the first and last name associated with the Apple ID that all of my devices are logged into. I have been the newly appointed IT manager (the previous one retired), so I changed the name on the Apple ID account. The name is still the same and I can't log out of Apple ID on my iPads. It's greyed out (image attached).

41080b309ea94c9ca518703be831b1c3

All of my iPads are managed in Jamf Now, so I'm not sure if there is something I need to disable/enable to allow me to log in/out of Apple ID.

Thank you for anyone that reads and responds.

4 REPLIES 4

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

You have a configuration profile installed that Disables Account Changes. In Restrictions of the profile it'll have 'Allow modifying account settings' unchecked. It'll need to be removed (unscoped) from your iPads before you can access the Apple ID screen to log out and back in. Or you could check the option and redeploy the profile and then reverse the change later.
c1901cfd2b5b45d0811e2b31b5c68678

[edit] @Aquanex2

cpominville
Contributor

I would also like to note that having ONE Apple ID for all your devices, is NOT a smart thing to do. How many devices? More than 5? This will cause you a lot of pain. Do you have Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager? (not familiar with ABM, understand its not quite the same as ASM), so you can create managed Apple Id's? You can create, or should create one for each device/user. You also get 200 gigs of free space with each Managed Apple ID's, as well, as you don't have to worry about saving pictures when you wipe a device. One Apple ID for all your device's is a lazy man's way of doing things, but problem is, your creating yourself a headache. Creating regular Apple ID's is a pain, but managed Apple ID's are very easy for admins to create. Ask your Apple rep about that.

Aquanex2
New Contributor

@cdenesha Thanks this was it. Sorry for late reply.

@cpominville

Do you have Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager

Yes we do have ABM. I should have mentioned that. All of our devices are managed under one ID, so it isn't that difficult to change First and Last names or other settings.

cpominville
Contributor

aquanex2 all under one Apple ID, will create new problems for you... ie, when they take pictures, all the pictures of all the users will be in one big pile. Having individual apple ids, in the long run..is best.