Prevent changing bluetooth settings not working properly

goku_fuel
New Contributor II

I have a supervised iPhone enrolled with a blueprint that has "Prevent Changes to Bluetooth" checked. Bluetooth was ON when settings were applied and I can see the Bluetooth option greyed out with the text "some restrictions are enforced by admin" in Settings > Bluetooth. This is the expected behavior but the issue is I can still turn on/off Bluetooth via the control center. Is there a way to restrict this?

3 REPLIES 3

goku_fuel
New Contributor II

Any help would be much appreciated.

agoulding
New Contributor

Did you get a solution for this? We are looking to remove Bluetooth functionally in control center? 

goku_fuel
New Contributor II

Yes, I was able to. You cannot remove Bluetooth completely but it can be permanently turned on/off. I meant to say the user will no longer be able to toggle.

I found two solutions for my use case:

1. There is an option "Prevent Changes to Bluetooth" in JamfNow > Blueprints > Restrictions. Check that option and push it to the phones. Phones need to be restarted after the push. Whatever the Bluetooth state(on/off) before the phone was restarted, it will remain in that state and the user will no longer be able to toggle.

2. The second option is to use the apple configurator. You can create a new blueprint with same restriction on Bluetooth. The result will be the same after the phone is restarted.

You can try both options if either of them doesn't work. I hope this helps.