Long time lurker, first-time poster. Hope everyone is doing well :D
I've got this really weird issue with our config profiles and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.
It started around a week ago, I noticed that apps were downloading onto our devices ok, but the profiles themselves that carry the payloads for restrictions kept erroring out. I get quite an unhelpful error message.
Check the profile installation logs: Check the installation logs on the iPad to see if there are any errors or warnings. To access the logs, connect the iPad to a computer, open Apple Configurator 2 or iTunes, and select the iPad. Then click on the "Console" tab to view the installation logs. my Loyola Chart
Check the profile's validity: Make sure that the profile is valid and does not contain any errors. You can validate the profile using the iPhone Configuration Utility (iPCU) or Apple Configurator 2. If the profile is not valid, fix the errors and try installing the profile again.
Check the network connection: Make sure that the iPad is connected to a network and that the network is not blocking the installation of the profile. You can test the network connection by browsing the internet on the iPad.
Check the MDM server: Make sure that the MDM server is configured correctly and that the iPad is enrolled in the MDM server. You can check the enrollment status by going to Settings > General > Device Management on the iPad.
Check the profile deployment settings: Check the profile deployment settings to ensure that the profile is being deployed correctly. For example, make sure that the profile is being pushed to the correct group of iPads.
Try resetting the iPad: If none of the above steps work, try resetting the iPad to its factory settings and then enrolling it in the MDM server again. Note that resetting the iPad will erase all data and settings on the device, so make sure to back up any important data before doing this.