10.6.3 and JAMF command not working

dhowell
Contributor

We are finally in the process of using 10.6, due to several issues and testing with apple we think we may have a working system with 10.6.3. So I am testing my image and when i run the command line to force a policy or install a policy no matter which one i get no policy exists, even though I can run it in Self Service. Is anyone else having this issue, My image is still beta so it most definitely could be a install issue.
D. Trey Howell ACMT, ACPT, ACDT, ACHDS
trey.howell at austinisd.org
Desktop Engineering
twitter @aisdmacgeek

Some people have told me they don’t think a fat penguin really embodies the race of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They’d be a lot more careful about what t
hey say if they had.

– Linus Torvalds, announcing Linux v2.0

3 REPLIES 3

dhowell
Contributor

This is only on a new MAC Mini it could be the Binary is 7.1, but same image on a MACBook works.
Desktop Engineering
twitter @aisdmacgeek

Some people have told me they don’t think a fat penguin really embodies the race of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They’d be a lot more careful about what t
hey say if they had.

ernstcs
Contributor III

How are you triggering the policy with the command line? With a command like:

sudo /usr/sbin/jamf policy –trigger <manual defined name in policy>

You aren’t attempting to trigger the same self service correct? You have a separate policy that has a manual trigger name defined, or you have set to some other sort of trigger like a scheduled task?

Does your scope for systems include this computer and not in a particular network segment?

Craig E

dhowell
Contributor

just the one I always do sudo jamf policy -trigger every90 on 2 machines I get no policies meet that trigger one machine comes back with one of my policies.

Desktop Engineering
twitter @aisdmacgeek

hey say if they had.