1Password 7 In-App purchase with VPP

j_meister
Contributor II

Hi folks,

we bought 1Password int the past via VPP.
As AgileBits changed the way to purchase 1Password from App purchase to In-App purchase with version 7 we are not able anymore to buy 1Password 7.
The reason is that as far as I know In-App purchases are not possible with Apples VPP.

Can anybody help or has an idea what to do?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

j_meister
Contributor II

We solved the problem the following way:

We ordered a volume license via an e-mail to business@agilebits.com, now we have a license for 30 accounts.
The way to use unlocked 1Password 7 is to set-up an account for a specific user, the user then can login into this account via the 1Password 7 macOS or iOS app and the app gets fully unlocked. (The user can download the 1Password app by himself or use a deployed one, it does not matter.)

This way is NOT more comfortable than the old VPP-way (buying full app from the App Store and then deploy it) but it is also not that bad.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

awginger
Contributor

Could you deploy the app to users and then give them a gift card to fund the in-app purchase?

Are your user's allowed to use Apple IDs?

BTW, I've not tried this it is just an idea.

Another option, obviously only for macOS is buy it direct from the developer, package it and deploy it to your users?

j_meister
Contributor II

Hi awginger,

thanks for your reply. The gift card procedure is a problem because then the users own the In-App purchase and not the university.

But packaging the standalone version could be an idea, I will check that. Thanks.

j_meister
Contributor II

We solved the problem the following way:

We ordered a volume license via an e-mail to business@agilebits.com, now we have a license for 30 accounts.
The way to use unlocked 1Password 7 is to set-up an account for a specific user, the user then can login into this account via the 1Password 7 macOS or iOS app and the app gets fully unlocked. (The user can download the 1Password app by himself or use a deployed one, it does not matter.)

This way is NOT more comfortable than the old VPP-way (buying full app from the App Store and then deploy it) but it is also not that bad.